|30 minutes||45 minutes||60 minutes|
All tuition fees are to be paid in advance on a monthly basis (all lessons taking place within the month will be invoiced at once) and are due on or before the first lesson of the month. Please provide payment on time. Please make electronic arrangements for payment (Interac E-mail transfer, etc.) if you are absent from the first lesson of the month. If there is an issue in paying at the beginning of the month, please contact me to make alternate arrangements.
A late payment fee of $10 will be charged for payments not received by the first lesson of the month OR by the 10th of the month, whichever is later.
Statements (for the previous month) and invoices (for the upcoming month) will be issued at the end of each month. These will be sent by E-mail, and a hard copy of the statements/invoices may also be provided to the student upon request.
Tuition can be paid through the following methods of payment:
- Cheque (made payable to Jenny Andersen)
- Interac E-mail transfer (use email@example.com; please ensure correct spelling of my last name!)
- Cash (please provide correct change)
Students wishing to take temporary/infrequent lessons (e.g. coachings, etc.) are absolutely welcome to do so depending on availability. Lessons taking place at venues outside my home studio will not normally be considered during the regular teaching year, and are subject to a $10.00 out-of-studio charge (within the Vancouver area) or a $15.00 charge (elsewhere within the Lower Mainland).
Lesson fees include:
- Reservation of your weekly lesson. Once you have paid your lesson fees for the month and scheduled your lesson time, it is held just for you.
- A fully private lesson tailored to your individual needs.
- Preparation for recitals, examinations (including exam schedules), competitions, auditions, and other artistic endeavours.
Lesson fees do not include:
- The cost of music books, recording devices or other materials.
- Accompanist fees.
- Fees associated with contests, exams, etc.
Student Attendance, Cancellations and Make-Ups:
I aim to create as consistent a teaching schedule as possible, and I encourage students to make sure that they keep their regular lesson time free of other commitments so that they can benefit from the growth they'll experience with consistent lessons!
However, if you do need to miss a lesson, please contact me as soon as you know at firstname.lastname@example.org, or text/call me at 778-386-9358. Student lesson cancellations are dealt with in the following manner:
- For all cancellations with more than 24 hours of notice, the student is NOT charged for the lesson, and any credit is moved forward towards subsequent lessons.
- For all cancellations with less than 24 hours of notice, I will make a note. If there are three or more cancellations in the year with less than a day's notice, the student will be charged 50% of their lesson fee.
If I need to cancel a lesson, I will work at arranging a make-up lesson with you if you so desire. If not, I will automatically move any lesson credits forward and you will not be charged.
If you will be late to a lesson, please let me know by calling or texting (778) 386-9358. I am unable to extend lesson times beyond your allocated time slot.
If you need to discontinue lessons, any remaining lesson credits accrued during the year will stay on your account. Unless otherwise stated, credits will be applied at the current rate of lessons, not at any old rates.
As an active professional in the performing arts (music and theatre), there will be times during the school year that I may have to cancel or postpone lessons due to performance contracts, tours, professional development or other artistic obligations. This may range from sporadic conflicts, to projects lasting several weeks.
If I am aware of any teaching conflicts before the beginning of each month, I will consult with each family separately as to whether the lesson will be paid for and make-up lessons given (I provide unlimited make-up lessons for any of my absences), or whether the lesson will be cancelled outright and no payment needed.
If teaching conflicts arise within the month, make-up lessons/credits can either be scheduled, or payment credits towards the following month will be moved forward to the next scheduled lessons.
The studio will be closed during certain times of the year (Christmas, one week of Spring Break, statutory holidays, etc.), and/or if I am on an out-of-town performing contract. No tuition will be required for these weeks or make-up lessons given. Students will receive ample notice of these dates.